Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quitting Smoking: Day 2

i quit!
i quit! (Photo credit: stallio)
A few days ago I began to get an inkling of the idea to quit smoking, it would drastically help my daily run (I could actually, you know, breathe while I ran for once). Today is day 2 without a cigarette. The literature packaged with the Nicorette gum I bought says the first few days are the hardest. I seriously hope that's the truth because honestly it hasn't been that hard yet.

I've had a few rough moments but I take a few deep breaths, decide if it's a craving or me just wanting a cigarette and either chew some gum or try to occupy myself. This seems to be going well as of yet and if it gets easier after the first few days then this shouldn't be too hard. 

I've never tried quitting before, and statistically people don't usually succeed their first time, but I'm hoping I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment